Return Of Da Hoodzmen – June 2018 Chip Shop Brixton (UK)
On June 7th Preserve The Culture presented by Inlighten Music Group – IMG – held its first event at the legendary UK hip hop spot in London, The Chip Shop Brixton!
The Chip Shop our partner opened its door for an amazing free event celebrating the 25th years anniversary of the EP Da Hoodzmen that was released in the UK in 1993 under the Music Of Life UK record label and also his achievements as a gold artist.
The show was featuring also artists from different part of the globe:
- Askem surrealist painter and main hip hop visual artist on “A Day In Rap and Hip Hop History” the book by Chuck D. Askem has to date the biggest collection worldwide of Hip Hop paintings including over 400 pieces.
- Elzimi Haze UK RnB singer.
- Kemetstry aka Spida Lee, emcee from the UK, old school and socially councious artist who on top of his music also developped a really good hip hop clothing brand. He opened in the past for famous emcees such as the Teacher KRS1.
- Shakezpeare, emcee from Coventry UK whose last album Troubled is encountering a lot of success and who has been support act for people such as Smif-N-Wessun, Mobb Deep, Onyx, GZA and more…
- Starrlight a Dutch female rapper whose last album Bed Time Story is a banger! She opened for people such as Rock from Heltah Skeltah, Hopsin and more…